Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

It is time to stand up...

Please read everything before passing judgement:
Another author has been taken down by bullying and harassment. I cannot tell you how disappointed and upset I am with this. The bullying I expect, as they say 'if you've never made an enemy, you've never stood up for something.' Bullies are often jealous of those they attack, especially when it comes to following dreams, such as writing. If it is your passion, the very air you breath, why would you allow someone to take it away from you?
Bullies only have as much power as we give them. Giving up means they won and gives them a sense of accomplishment they do not deserve. There is a lot of talk about stopping bullying, but honestly what are we really doing to help? I see people changing their profile pictures and cover photos to things like 'stop bullying' or 'the hate ends here' which is great, but to me it looks like a flag mourning another lost soul.

I'm disappointed in how we are handling this situation. I'm disappointed in the authors who have fallen by harsh words. I thought we were a community! I thought we were here to help one another! Why is no one asking for help? If you would stand up for an author being publicly bullied, raise your hand! I know I would! All I need is to know is that it is happening so I can do something about it.

Every book an author sells is a middle finger to the trolls, so allow me to buy your book. Every honest review is a smack against obvious hate, so let me review your book. Every word of encouragement and support on your page is a nail in the coffin of those who think they can own you, so allow me to raise my hammer.

Please, come to us. Allow us to stand by your side and report that review as harassment. Amazon will ignore one complaint but a hundred? I don't think so, and I'm sure I have a hundred people here who would gladly do so. Don't forget your fans on your own page who need you as much as you need to write. They will help, we will help. Let's stop this power from getting in the wrong hands and show the trolls, the bullies, the enemies who is a stronger army. We are a community that is strong and united, it's time we prove it.


-Vampy

No comments:

Post a Comment